Total Pageviews

Monday 8 April 2019

29! Let's Go!

wow...two posts in one day.  You wait ages for anything to happen, then two come along at once!

As I mentioned in my last post, I had played in a Necromunda Campaign at the start of the year.  While my gang did poorly, I really enjoyed the set of linked games an the fact that both the characters and the narrative developed over the course of the campaign.  While the Necromunda campaign fizzled out (hopefully it will start up again soon), I definitely liked the idea of doing more campaigns in future, for other game systems.

I've been a big fan of Chain of Command and have been impressed by the various Campaigns that are being run on other blogs and on Yoututbe.  with my new found interest in Campaigns, I jumped in and bought the "29, Lets Go!" campaign and the "At the Sharp End" Campaign Supplement (yes, its another new project....)

"29! Let's Go!" - Too Fat Lardies


In large part I chose "29 Let's Go!" because of the new plastic US forces from Perry Miniatures (pictured above).  Although designed mainly for the Mediterranean Theatre, they can also be used for the early days of D-Day and the Normandy Campaign. They look great, although probably a bit thin compared to my chunky Artizan Germans....

In addition to the "29! Let's Go!" book and the Perry miniatures (when they are released), I'll need a couple of Sherman tanks, and a load of scenery.   I've been following both the Terrain Tutor and Lukes APS on Youtube, and they have some great tips and advice.  So I am feeling confident that I can make some decent scenery for the campaign (and maybe...even a wargames table?!)  I've already ordered a handful of buildings from Charlie Foxtrot models (https://www.charliefoxtrotmodels.com/)  and started on building some roads and other terrain pieces for the game.  So looking forward to getting this one started... who knows, I might even finish a project....nah!

US Platoon project tracker


US Platoon

Core Platoon

Senior Leader #1 (Lieutenant)
incomplete
Senior Leader #2 (Platoon Sergeant)
incomplete
Bazooka Team
incomplete
1st Squad
incomplete
2nd Squad
incomplete
3rd Squad
incomplete
Support

Sherman 1
incomplete
Sherman 2
incomplete
Medic
incomplete
Engineers (Mine)
incomplete
Engineers (Demolition)
incomplete
30. Cal MG
incomplete
50. Cal MG
incomplete
Bazooka team # 2
incomplete

No comments:

Post a Comment