Total Pageviews

Monday 8 April 2019

Hobby update

So, it's been a long time since I did anything substantial on the blog - time to remedy that!

Games Played:
At the start of the year I took part in a great General De Brigade game refighting the Battle of Ligny (see previous post).  The same club is due to refight Quatre Bras in May so hopefully I'll get to play in that.  The Necromunda campaign I was in fizzled out during a break - my gang, the "Maniax" started badly, losing 2 gang members in the first game, followed by the leader "Vasko", two games later.  They never really recovered, and ended up near the bottom of the campaign table.  That said, it was a lot of fun and I really started to develop characters within the gang - Ganger "Syko" really started living up to his name, gaining the highest kill-count of the gang, while the Champion "Ko-Nan" stepped up to the plate and took over the leadership of the gang.  Hopefully  the campaign will start up again and I can take the "Maniax" to greater success.


The "Maniax" when the Campaign ended.  "Ko-Nan" took over from the deceased "Vasko", the gang was bulked out by two new Juves as well as "Fat Lars" a ganger reassigned by House Goliath from another gang.


And actually, the General De Brigade game and the 4 necromunda games I've played in 2019 is more games than I've played in the previous 5 years combined, so it's all good :)



Projects:
Projects are still ongoing, but slowly as ever.   In a vague effort to make progress on the Marengo project, I bit the bullet and paid to have 3 battalions painted by Battle Brush Studios (https://www.battlebrushstudios.com/) 2 battalions of French and one Austrian.  that should give me the impetus to start painting some more of my own.  the 1813 project is still ongoing, I have primed 2 battalions of Prussian Landwehr, just need to get the actual paint on!

I also was drawn back into 40K with the new Genestealer Cult army.  A box of brood brothers and neophyte acolytes have been purchased... as if I need another new project!  (oh and two Ambots for Necromunda!)

Finally, Chain of Command related projects.... I have started building an early war french force.  I also bought the "29! Lets go!" Campaign and the "At the Sharp End" campaign book.  The Necromunda campaign, for me, was fun in that you really got the sense of characters developing and a narrative forming,  as well as being more cautious with your forces than you would in a one off game. Having only played 2 Chain of Command games - solo - to test the rules, I've decided to jump in and do a campaign from the off. (more in the next post)


No comments:

Post a Comment