Total Pageviews

Tuesday 3 September 2019

US Platoon update

Slowly working my way through the US forces for the "29! Let's Go!" campaign.

I've now managed to get 2 senior leaders done, a platoon medic, almost 2 full infantry squads and a 30.cal support option done. I hope to get the full basic platoon done in the next couple of weeks and most of the support options as well.







Here is the Platoon Medic (support option), the Second Squad, Platoon Sergeant (Senior Leader) and half of the 30. Cal Machine Gun team.

So my project tracker looks like this:


US Platoon project tracker
Status
Basic Platoon

Senior Leader # 1
Complete
Senior Leader # 2
Complete
Bazooka Team
Assembled
1st Squad
2/3's complete
2nd Squad
Complete
3rd Squad
Assembled
Support

Medic
Complete
30. Cal Team #1
Complete
30. Cal Team #2
Not Started
Extra BAR team #1
Assembled
Extra BAR Team #2
Assembled
Extra BAR Team #3
Assembled
Sherman #1
2/3rds Complete
Sherman #2
Not Started
Extra Squad
Not Started
FOO
Assembled
60MM Mortar
Not Started
50. Cal Team
Not Started
 

Still some way to go.  But the Perry plastics are so easy to paint I should get the basic platoon done in the next week or so.

I was also working on a German platoon to be the opponents in the campaign.  I started with the Warlord plastics, but just couldn't get on with them.  Fiddly figures to put together and bad poses.  So I ditched them in the "Box of Abandoned Projects" and ordered a whole new platoon from Empress Figures.  I think the Empress are more in line with the Perrys and the figures look good - plus, I really prefer metal over plastic.  That said, if the Perrys were to make late war Germans......











































No comments:

Post a Comment