Total Pageviews

Monday 29 April 2019

29! Let's go! - the 29th Division Arrives

On Friday I got two boxes of the new US Perry GI figures, which will form the basis of the US force for "29! Lets Go!"  I've got some Perry Napoleonics - lovely figures - and the US GI's don't disappoint either.  Great figures and they paint up well.  The only problem I find with them, is that the arms are a little fiddly to put together leaving some gaps...I may have to try out some filler on them. 






First off, I assembled and painted a test figure both to see how easy it was to make, and also to test out my planned colour scheme.   I decided to make a medic- a support option in Chain of Command - which seemed like an appropriate start. 


Seemed to turn out OK!  I used the following colours:
 - Trousers/Shirt/Helmet strap: German Camo Pale Brown (Vallejo)
- Jacket/Gaiters: Karak Stone (Games Workshop)
- Boots: Flat Brown (Vallejo)
- Helmet: Olive Drab (Vallejo)
- Webbing/Water bottle (Grey Green)

Washed all over with Earthshade and then highlighted in the base colour.  Good enough for me!

With the test figure done, I assembled a few more.

L-R: 3 Infantrymen, the medic, and the Platoon Lieutenant (Senior Leader in Chain of Command)



L-R: 3 Extra crew for support weapons and Adjudant.

Although you don't need an adjudant model in Chain of Command, the GI set lends itself to making one.  I might use him as a Morale Tracker Marker.  I also switched up the colour on his pants - green grey to give a slightly different look. I might add a couple of troopers with trousers that colour to just add a bit of variation.

So, the figures are great, and paint up well. looking forward to assembling and painting the rest of the Platoon.  Having bought two boxes, I can also make up a lot of support options including, extra crew, Forward Observers, 30. Cal MG and additional BAR gunners.

I also started assembling some more terrain - roads, buildings and fields, but that will have to wait for another post!

2 comments:

  1. That is some really nice brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan. I'm amazed by it as well - I'm not usually that good :) but for some reason it just seemed to click with these figures. Got loads more to do so I hope I can keep the standard up!

    ReplyDelete