Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Terrain

As mentioned in my last post,I have decided to go all in and play the Chain of Command "29! Let's go!" Pint Sized Campaign.  I have ordered the new US GI figures from Perry Miniatures, but while waiting for those to arrive, I received a large box of MDF buildings from Charlie Foxtrot Models.

The pint sized campaign requires several buildings and I have none....so time to get building.  I started small with the Charlie Foxtrot "Workshop" building.


To improve the look of the basic structure, I added some plastic brickwork, bought from a model railway shop.


Then smeared the walls with very thinned down modelling clay.  Next steps will be to cover the building with a mix of filler/PVA and water to make it more unified.


And while I am about it, I've started making some roads as well - following the expert advice of Mel the Terrain Tutor.



Updates to follow.....

.... updates to buildings:




I slapped on some very thinned down modelling clay around the walls to represent plaster and then painted the brickwork, walls and doors.  I made a small base and added more modelling clay to represent muddy ground, and small grit to represent soil.  just need to flock the base, and add a couple of bits of detailing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment